U.S. Soccer Development Academy
In 2007, following a comprehensive review of elite player development in the United States and around the world, U.S. Soccer created the Development Academy ("DA").
The DA is U.S. Soccer's standard for elite environments for youth soccer clubs nationwide.
In 2013, Marin FC joined the DA at the U14 age group and later in 2015 was selected for expansion to U13 and U12.
Marin FC is one of only 14 top Northern California clubs that participate in the DA's Northwest region - which serves as the primary platform for U.S. Soccer talent identification.
The DA Program focuses on positively impacting everyday club environments to assist in maximizing youth player development across the country.
- Individual Development which is a by-product of competing at the highest level
- Higher Quality Coaching & Connections to U.S. Soccer
- A & B coaching license minimums
- Integrated player oversight from club coach and U.S. Soccer Technical Advisors
- U.S. Soccer talent identification for Federation run Training Centers and Youth National Teams
- Fewer & More Meaningful Games
- 25-30 league games (max 1 game per day)
- Minimum playing standards
- Consistent Training Environments
- Minimum 3 days training for U12
- Minimum 4 days training for U13, U14 and U15
- Futsal, Regional Events and National Events
- Winter Futsal period
- Regional/National U.S. Soccer DA Events
- Sports Science Resources & Programs
- Mandatory days of rest
- Injury prevention
- Concussion testing